Introduction to Lovely Professional University
Lovely Professional University has done remarkably well in the past 10 years of its noticable existence. With its exceptional user friendly program, modules curated by industrial professionals and a strong reputation of phenomenal placements to back the university, the distance education program has delivered more than it was anticipated when launched. For students who are planning to enroll themselves in the mentioned, here is a complete guide about Lovely Professional University distance education MBA. Stay with us:
Benefits of doing MBA from Lovely Professional University:
Unlike other universities, LPU has its own Personal Contact Programme- Students can visit the university campus, attend pre-planned sessions and have discussions with fellow students.
Placement Programs- The best benefit from LPU any student can get, is continuous notifications about upcoming placement programs. The placement team of LPU makes sure that the students are informed about any possible recruitment drive.
Workshops, Seminars and Induction Sessions: Unlike other universities, LPU keeps its DE students involved in offline activities like valuable workshops, industrial seminars and even arranges induction session for them to understand the whole program, technically and practically as well.
Affordable fee structure: The best part of enrolling in LPU Distance Education program is its affordable and flexible fee structure. LPU has indeed worked on its fee model focussing more on education quality and offering an economical program so as more and more students can be reached out to.
LPU Distance Education MBA Specializations
LPU offers the following specializations with their distance education MBA programme.
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Financial Markets
- MBA in Information Technology
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Operations Management
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Retail Management
- MBA in Supply chains and Logistics
- MBA in Tourism and Hospitality
- MBA in Hospital and Healthcare Management
- MBA in Banking and Insurance
The general eligibility criteria to apply in any of the distance education MBA program in LPU is graduation, completed from any recognized school and college.
Step-by-step process to apply for any MBA course offered by LPU in distance education mode:
1. Students are required to purchase a prospectus (350 INR) from any city office of LPU or from the university office.
2. Fill up the application form enclosed inside the prospectus.
Attach the following documents:
- Birth Certificate- Photocopy
- Marksheet of 10, 10+2 and Graduation mark sheet- Photocopy
- Proof of residence i.e. Aadhar Card/Passport/PAN card/ Driving Licence/ Electricity or Phone Bill/ or any Bank account statement if none of the above are available- Photocopy
- Undertaking for any GAP in education and any dependency like backlogs and result-awaited.
- Two colored passport sized photographs.
- Demand Draft of the first fee.
3. Next step would be to make payment in form of DD- eg- In favor of “LOVELY FACULTY OF DISTANCE EDUCATION’, payable at JALANDHAR.
4. The cost of study material is additional which students has to pay apart from the first fee.
Other details about fee structure-distance education MBA program LPU:
- LPU is quite stringent in their payment schedules, i.e. in case a candidate fails to pay the payment on the mentioned dates, then the admission is automatically cancelled. Students are required to write for payment delays in order to reserve their admission with the university.
- Students are required to pay the first amount in DD or via online payment, as cash payments are not accepted, the first time.
- Course fee when paid once will not be refunded as per university norms.
5. Once completed, students are requested to submit the application form, online or send it by
post to the below mentioned address:
“Project Head (Admissions),
Lovely Faculty of Distance Education,
Lovely Professional University,
Jalandhar-Delhi G.T Road,
- The per semester cost of MBA-distance education is 10,400 INR. Cost of examination fees is 1100 INR and if student require printed study material then it would cost another 1000 INR.
- Scholarships programs are available by the university, and admission over merit can be discussed with university officials.
Companies associated with LPU for placements:
- HDFC Bank
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Reliance Communications
- Ernst & Young
- Asian Paints
- Flipkart and 1000+ more.
Other Benefits of doing MBA from LPU- Distance Education Program:
- LPU has an award winning e-learning portal known as LPU-econnect which is different at many levels from other universities. Students can have 24×7 access to the portal.
- The university has its own dedicated call center which employees well-qualified career counsellors to help out students struggling to opt out for the course.
- The university is approved by both UGC and AICTE as well. More, the university has won several award and accolades in appreciation for its professionally and carefully crafted distance education curriculums.
- Unlike other universities, LPU allows its students to pursue the course as per their time and schedule.