Introduction to SCDL
Symbiosis centre for distance learning is a popular name in the field of online and distance education. SCDL was established in the year 2001, and in the journey of more than 20 years, SCDL has achieved many milestones.
Symbiosis has outrun many private universities in the past, all because of its comprehensive educational offerings and compelling placement records. The university has a powerful web portal which facilitates the distance education, online classrooms, e mentoring and best, faculty interaction. Let’s talk more about the two-year PGDBA offering from Symbiosis:
The distance education PGDBA (equivalent to MBA) programme offered by SCDL is very popular among working professionals.
Symbiosis distance MBA (PGDBA) is one of the most affordable management programme available today.
Currently, Symbiosis is offering Post Graduate Diploma, Diploma and Certificate programs in different industry sectors including
- Business Management
- Banking and Finance Management
- Education Management
- Information Technology Management
- International Business Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Insurance Management
- Entrepreneurship Development Management
- Business and Corporate Law
Key Highlights of Symbiosis distance MBA (PGDBA) programme.
Institute / University Name
Symbiosis centre for distance learning
Year of Establishment
PGDBA (Equivalent to Distance MBA)
Validity of Registration
Finance, Marketing, Management Accounting, Human Resource Management, Customer Relationship Management, Operations
Symbiosis Distance MBA Fee Structure
INR Rs. 50,000 for 2-year program
Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
Program Delivery Mode
Online & Offline (Study Material)
Admission Starts from the month of April each year
Examinations are released in the 3rd month of each semester.
Loan facility available
Computer based examination. Conducted at designated exam centres across the country.
Here are some benefits of doing Distance Learning MBA (PGDBA) from Symbiosis Centre For Distance Learning (SCDL).
High Acceptance in the industry: The distance learning domain of Symbiosis have been an education partner for many Multinational corporates like Airtel, Bharti Pvt. Ltd., Bajaj Finance Ltd, Cognizant, HCL, IBM, Vodafone, TATA, and Wall-mart, etc.
Excellent services for students: Since Symbiosis is one of the oldest, the methodologies adopted by the university are more towards facilitating instantaneous faculty responses. The university has its own call centre who has counselors to answer promptly.
Emphasis on Placement Opportunities: Unlike other distance education providers, Symbiosis continue to receive a very strong response from recruiters. Many Multinational corporations give importance to a Symbiosis Management degree which is the result of the university’s efforts to focus more on creating job opportunities for students.
Series of Top rank title from various portals: Symbiosis has been consistently grabbing the topmost position designated by various online educational portals like Careers360, DNA, Outlook and the Maharashtrian Government as well.
Symbiosis Distance MBA Program Structure
Symbiosis distance MBA (PGDM) is a 2 year program, divided in 4 semesters.
The first two semesters are common for everyone, in 3rd and 4th semesters, students may choose electives as per their specialization.
The 4th semester also has a project.
More details on this below.
|Semester 1||Basics of Marketing|
|Legal Aspects of Business|
|Semester 2||Human Resource Management|
|Startup and New Venture|
|Operations & Supply Chain Management|
|Business Research Methodology|
|Information Systems for Managers|
|Semester 3||Strategic Management|
|Elective I · Marketing: Consumer Buying Behaviour · HR: Labour & Social Security Laws · Finance: Direct Taxation · Healthcare: Health Care and Hospital Environment|
|Elective II · Marketing: Services Marketing · HR: Compensation Management · Finance: International Finance · Healthcare: Health Care Economics|
|Elective III · Marketing: Integrated Marketing Communications · HR: Employment Relations · Finance: Finance Laws · Healthcare: Information Technology For Hospitals|
|Elective IV · Marketing: Product & Brand Management · HR: Strategic Human Resource Management · Finance: Risk Management · Healthcare: Hospitals Operations Management|
|Semester 4||International Business Management|
|Management Control System|
|Elective I · Marketing: Digital Marketing · HR: HR Information System · Finance: Behaviour Finance · Healthcare: Hospital Management Control System|
|Elective II · Marketing: Marketing of Financial Services · HR: Recruitment & Selection · Finance: Banking Operations · Healthcare: HealthCare Insurance & Risk Management|
|Elective III · Marketing: B2B Marketing · HR: Emerging Trends in HR · Finance: Corporate Finance · Healthcare: Legal & Ethical Issues of Hospitals|
MBA (PGDBA) Specializations Offered by SCDL
Symbiosis offers total 14 specializations with their distance education MBA (PGDBA) course. The name of the specializations are as follows...
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Customer Relationship Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Export and Import Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pre-primary Teachers Training
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Instructional Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Corporate Law
1. Candidates need to have a graduation degree from any reputed college or university.
2. For SAARC and International Students, a graduation degree from a recognized college or university will work.
3. Students who are diploma holders cannot apply for the PGDM course.
4. Students need to clear the SCDL – PGDBA Entrance Test in order to start the admission process.
Symbiosis Distance MBA Fee:
The total fee for Symbiosis distance MBA program is INR 50,000/- for general category, INR 47,000/- for defence personnel, $2400 for NRI students and $1300 for SAARC students.
Students can also pay fee for Symbiosis distance education MBA in instalments. Students can pay fee in two instalments.
Exam fee and project fee needs to be paid additional.
Below is the detailed Symbiosis distance MBA fee structure:
The application fee for different category of students is mentioned as below
- General Category: INR 1200
- Defence: INR 1200
- NRI/SAARC/International Students: USD $ 100
Note: The application fee is not refundable.
Below is the program fee for different category of students
One Time Full Payment
Students can pay their fee through the following mode of payments
- Online: Through payment gateway available at SCDL
- Demand Draft: in favour of “The Director SCDL, Pune” payable at Pune.
Note: Payment of fee in cash is not acceptable.
Option 1: One Time Full Payment – Students who choose this option of payment needs to pay the fee in full within 30 days from the date of grant of confirmed admission.
Option 2: Two Instalments – Students who choose this option of payment needs to pay the fee in two instalments
- Instalment 1: within 15 days from the date of grant of confirmed admission.
- Instalment 2: within 60 days of payment of first Instalment payment
Step-by-step process to apply for any PGDBA (MBA) course offered by Symbiosis in distance education mode:
- Students need to visit the online website of the institute and register themselves for login details and easy access to the detailed information.
- To apply online, students are required to purchase the application form which can be done through NEFT or Card. The online application form costs around 1500 INR. The application form can also be obtained from Axis Bank Branches or regional centers of SCDL in authorized cities.
- Fill out the application form and submit it along with a small registration fee of 1000 INR.
- Students are required to clear the SCDL – PGDBA Entrance Test, post results of which students can start with their admission process. The entrance fee is not included in the application and the registration form cost.
- Submission of important documents approved by a gazetted officer is required. These documents are: Work Experience certificates (if any), Academic records (10, 10+2 and Graduation), Two passport size photographs and other certificates.
- After the documents reach the team of SCDL, they approve the admission after which students will receive a notification. Students are then required to submit the program fees which is 37,000 INR. The fee can be paid through a demand draft noted to "The Director, SCDL Pune" payable at Pune only.
- The fees can be paid in instalments as well which is different for General/Defence/SAARC and International students.
- International students need to submit the fees in Indian Currency only.
Cancellation of Admission:
In case the student want to cancel the admission then it can only be done within first 30 days from admission. A cancellation letter is required to submitted which is available at the university’s website itself. A proper reason has to be penned down in order to process the cancellation of the admission. Refund of the admission fees is done after deduction of 25% administrative charges.
Important Admission Dates
|Admission Starts From||April 2022|
|Program Starts From||1st July 2022|
|Last Date to Specialization or Program||31st July 2022|
|Last Date to Submit Documents & Fee||10th August 2022|
|Assignment Starts From||Aug-Sep 2022|
|Exams Starts From||September 2022|
New facilities adopted by Symbiosis Distance learning:
- Symbiosis has adopted a unique procedure which includes three different and essential methodologies. The university offers printed/published or self-learning material, digital learning and round the clock faculty interaction.
- The university has also launched chat sessions along with the necessary online classroom facility.
- In order to provide the students with full conceptual knowledge of the degree, the university has developed a curriculum that invites student feedback which can be altered for best experiences.
- The online training is developed in a fashion that it does not require the student to struggle and arrange for information and modules. An easy and up to date curriculum backed up with industry essentials are the soul points of the whole Symbiosis Distance Learning program.
Other points to remember while applying for the PGDM by Symbiosis:
- The maximum duration of the course is 4 years which is relatively less as compared to other universities.
- Students with work experience can gain more value from the course offered by Symbiosis as the whole curriculum is based on practical industrial exposure.
- Qualification of the SCDL – PGDBA Entrance Test is essential in order to get admission in Symbiosis Distance Education Programs.
- SCDL offers placement assistance to students after thier course completion as well, unlike other
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Symbiosis offer a distance MBA program?
Symbiosis centre for distance learning (SCDL) doesn’t offer an MBA program but offers a post graduate diploma in business administration (PGDBA) which is considered equivalent to an MBA.
The PGDBA is a 2-year course like an MBA, and covers the same subjects that are being taught in an MBA program.
Students may also choose a specialization available to them.
Is Symbiosis Distance MBA UGC approved?
The PGDBA program offered by Symbiosis is approved AICTE. Since Symbiosis doesn’t offers an MBA but the PGDBA program, the UGC approval is not required. The UGC approval is required for universities offering a degree program.
Is Symbiosis Distance MBA valid?
Yes, Symbiosis distance MBA (PGDBA) is valid for jobs in private sectors. In fact, Symbiosis is one the most popular institution among the working professionals and fresh graduates in India for pursuing a management program.
Which is better Symbiosis or NMIMS?
Symbiosis and NMIMS, both are the top institutions when it comes to business management courses.
Symbiosis is older than NMIMS in the field of distance education.
Symbiosis offers a PGDBA program, whereas NMIMS offers an MBA.
There is a huge difference in the fee structure. NMIMS PGDBA cost INR 50,000/-, whereas NMIMS MBA cost INR 1,44,000.
Both of them are leaders in the field of business education. It’s all up to you which course you want to pursue. If you want to do an MBA degree, NMIMS is the option for you, but if you are OK with a PGDBA program, Symbiosis is better.
What is the fee structure for Symbiosis distance MBA?
The fee for distance learning MBA from Symbiosis is INR 50,000/-. Students can pay the fee in full, or in two Instalments.
Defence category students get INR 3,000/-, and for them the fee is INR 47,000/-
The fee for NRI students is $2400 and for SAARC students the fee is $1300.
Apart from the fee mentioned above, all categories of students required to pay application fee, exam fee, and project fee additionally as applicable.
Does Symbiosis offers placement after completing the distance MBA (PGDBA) program?
Yes, Symbiosis offers placement assistance to all students who complete distance MBA (PGDBA) program. For more details on this, you may contact their support team.
Which Specializations are offered at SCDL?
SCDL Offers total six specialisations: Marketing, HR, Finance, Operations, Management Accounting, and Customer Relationship Management. Students can also opt for dual specialisation.