Introduction to NMIMS Distance Education MBA (Online)
NMIMS Distance MBA is a 2-year degree program offered by SVKM’s NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education through online & distance education mode.
NMIMS Distance Education MBA is one of the top ranked UGC approved online management courses in India.
The distance education MBA programme has been ranked among the top 10 online & distance MBA courses by many top websites and every year thousands of students choose NMIMS to pursue their higher studies.
With over 1.25 lakh students and over 22500 alumni, NMIMS distance MBA has already gain a lot of popularity in India among working professionals and fresh graduates.
NMIMS or Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is the fastest growing institute providing distance education in India.
Presenting a blend of innovation, technology and smart investments on technological propagations, NMIMS has a long history of academic excellence.
Students who have NMIMS in their degree are often treated with utmost attention by recruiters and HRs of Multinational corporates.
So if you are thinking to enhance the chances of acquiring a good job in the field of business management, then, NMIMS distance MBA is one of the best options available to you.
Key Highlights of NMIMS Distance & Online MBA
- NMIMS distance MBA is a UGC & DEB Approved 2-year online MBA program.
- NMIMS is a NAAC A+ accredited deemed to be university.
- NMIMS distance MBA ranked #1 by many top education websites & news portals in India.
- NMIMS distance MBA degree is completely valid in India and is widely accepted by corporates and start-ups.
- NMIMS has over 500 hiring partners to offer their students placement after completing their studies.
- NMIMS fee structure is highly affordable. NMIMS online MBA per semester fee is as low as INR Rs. 35000 (prime), and INR Rs. 41000 (pro). More information on this available later in this article.
- You can pay fee semester wise, yearly, or full payment at once.
- For admission, you need a graduation degree with 50% marks.
- NMIMS distance MBA examination is conducted online via Mettl .
NMIMS Distance MBA Summary:
|Institute / University Name||NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education|
|Year of Establishment||1994|
|Course Name||Online MBA|
|Duration||Minimum 2 Years- Maximum 4 Years|
|Specializations||Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, , Information Technology and Systems Management, Business Management, International Trade, Supply Chain, Operations, Retail Management Banking and Finance|
|Fee Structure||INR Rs. 1,20,000 for complete course|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduation with 50% marks|
|Approved By||University Grant Commission (UGC) & Distance Education Bureau (DEB)|
|Program Delivery Mode||Online & Offline (Study Material)|
|Admission Drive||January and July|
|Examination Slots||April, June, September and December|
|Payment Facility||Loan & EMI|
|Examination Method||Online Assignment and Online Examination|
|Placement||NMIMS have a network of 500+ hiring partners|
Benefits of Doing Distance Education MBA from NMIMS
Here are some of the top benefits of NMIMS distance education MBA (Online).
- NMIMS has created a brand value for itself during the past decade a lot of which has been earned by only word of mouth.
- Earned Certifications: According to DNA, NMIMS has been ranked as 5th best institute in India that offers distance education in management studies. Apart from DNA, other premier accreditation has been awarded to NMIMS.
- Case Studies: Many management institutes rely on their theoretical models, but NMIMS is one of those institutes who believe in making students learn subjects the practical way. Case studies are provided by the dedicated faculty sporadically in order to encourage students the up and about of management i.e in real-time.
- Extra curricular activities: Distance education programs can be monotonous and follow a singular tone of teaching,but NMIMS has inculcated several other programs like group discussions, case study discussions and person-to-person doubt solving sessions as well. These extra-sessions are included in order to make sure that the students are motivated to continue the program with ease and perfection.
- Upgraded course curriculum: Plenty of distance education providers in India follow a one-time course curriculum which might not be updated on time, as it they are required, but the faculty of NMIMS-industry specialists ensure that the students are educated on the current industrial scenarios, which will help them become job-ready.
- Widespread corporate acceptability
NMIMS offers total 10 specializations with their distance & online MBA program. The list of specializations available is provided below.
- MBA In Marketing Management
- MBA in Financial Management
- MBA - Information Technology and Systems Management
- MBA in International Trade Management
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Banking and Finance Management
- MBA In Operations Management
- MBA In Retail Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
Students who have done graduation from recognized college or university and have secured an average percentage of 50% are eligible to apply for admission in NMIMS Distance MBA.
There is no work-experience required as a mandate, but the faculty of NMIMS recommends the management courses curated and offered by NMIMS should be pursued by students with some experience to back them. The work experience will assist students to experience subject matter and apply in real-time basis further giving them an advantage to grow within the organization itself.
- Students are required to visit the institute's website and register themselves online. The application form would cost around somewhere 1200 INR. Spring batch- 19th September and 20th March and Fall batch- 21st March and 18th September. Dates are subject to institute’s discretion.
- Students can also visit the campus in Mumbai and get in touch with the faculty of the institute in order to gain better understanding of the management course they have decided to pursue.
- Admission counsellors are also allocated to specific students who are interests to know more about the course. Students can clear their doubts and take a decision afterwards.
Below is the admission procedure of distance education MBA course from NMIMS.
Students who have decided to take admission in the institute are required to submit the following documents and upload/send them to the required address.
Attach the following documents:
- Enclose a photocopy of Birth Certificate.
- Enclose one photocopy each of 10, 10+2 and Graduation mark sheet.
- Proof of residence (one) photocopy required- This can be either of – Aadhar Card/Passport/PAN card/Electricity or Phone Bill/ Driving Licence or copy of any Bank account statement if none of the above are available.
- Demand Draft of the first fee in favor of ‘SVKM’s NMIMS’ payable at Mumbai.
- Undertaking for any GAP in education and any dependency like backlogs and result-awaited.
- Enclose any work experience documents (if any). Please note that this is not included in the eligibility criteria.
- Two colored passport sized photographs.
- Pro : In Pro delivery mode, students get access to live-interactive lectures and can also view recorded lectures
- Prime: Students get access to only recorded lectures in prime delivery mode.
- Prime+ : The Prime+ mode allows students to choose access for live-interactive lectures of their choice.
- Option 1 – Full Payment:
- Pro Delivery Mode: INR Rs. 1,44,000
- Prime Delivery Mode: INR Rs. 1,20,000
- Option 2 – Annual Payment:
- Pro Delivery Mode: INR Rs. 77,500
- Prime Delivery Mode: INR Rs. 65,500
- Option 3 – Semester Wise Payment:
- Pro Delivery Mode: INR Rs. 41,000
- Prime Delivery Mode: INR Rs. 35,000
NMIMS distance & online MBA fee is as low as INR Rs. 35,000 per semester or INR Rs. 120000 for complete course.
The fee for distance & online MBA program offered by NMIMS is based on the lecture delivery modes opted by the student.
There are two lecture delivery modes available i.e pro & prime.
There are three payments options available for students.
Students are also required to pay INR 1200/- additional as admission processing fee and INR 600/- per subject as examination fee.
Students can avail the loan facility available at NMIMS to pay. You need not to have a credit card to avail the facility.
If you have a credit card from HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC Bank, SBI, or Kotak Mahindra Bank, you can avail the EMI Facility (3, 6, 9, 12 months).
Examination and Evaluation Methodology
NMIMS examinations are completely online. The evaluation methodology consists of assignments, examinations, and project report.
Every subject has
- Examination: 70 Marks
- Assignment: 30 Marks
The examination paper has multiple Choice questions (MCQs) and descriptive questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does NMIMS Provides Distance MBA?
Yes, NMIMS offers a 2-year distance MBA program that is suitable for working professionals and fresh graduates.
Is NMIMS Distance MBA Degree Valid?
The NMIMS Distance MBA programme is recognized by University Grant Commission (UGC), and Distance Education Bureau (DEB). NMIMS is also awarded A+ grade by NAAC.
What is the fee for NMIMS distance & online MBA programme?
The fee for NMIMS online MBA programme is INR Rs. 35,000 per semester or INR Rs. 1,20,000 for two year.
Is NMIMS Distance MBA good?
Narsee Monjee is one of the top management institutes in India. The distance MBA programme offered by NMIMS is widely accepted and regarded by corporates and start-ups in India and abroad. The distance & online MBA program is UGC-DEB recognized that means the degree is valid.
All in all, NMIMS has acquired a good rating and is UGC-DEB certified institute, you can trust the university with your career.