Introduction to IMT CDL
IMT is an early establishment as compared to the others in the race of best distance education providers in India, specially the distance education MBA (PGDM).
Located in Ghaziabad, IMT is AICTE approved and has won several accolades for its much earned reputation in a short span of its existence.
Approved by AICTE, IMT offers distance education MBA to management aspirants in 5 different areas; However, the management courses come under the title of PGDM from IMT.
With over 35000 alumni across the globe, IMT centre for distance learning is one of best institute for pursuing a management course.
IMT-CDL offers 3 types of management courses i.e
- 2-year PGDM (Equivalent to MBA),
- 15-Month Executive PGDM
- 13- Months PGCM
Among the three management courses, the 2-year PGDM is the most popular management program at IMT CDL. In this article, we will discuss more about the distance learning MBA (2-year PGDM) program offered by IMT.
Before we proceed, let’s know a little about the IMT Ghaziabad. Established in 1980, Institute of Management Technology is one of the top-grade B-School in India.
The institute has four campuses, out of them, three are located in India, and one campus is located outside India.
The IMT has campuses in Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad, and Dubai.
Here are the complete details of the courses:
IMT CDL Benefits
Here are some benefits of doing Distance Learning MBA (PGDM) from IMT Centre For Distance Learning (IMT CDL).
- Course Modules: The course modules crafted by the faculty of IMT are very descriptive. Alumni of the college has indeed complimented the university’s effort to create understandable and definitive course modules that has helped them in gaining a quantitative and qualitative analysis of the whole course.
- Assignments created from a learning perspective which triggers interest and performance in students.
- Facility of in-house classes to motivate team work and break the monotony of online classes.
- Clearance rate of the course is high unlike other distance education providers.
- Best e-learning tool that has been recognized by integral award franchises. IMT faculty imparts its management classes using Expert Connect Classroom Edu-Genie.
- IMT is known to assign their students with action case-studies that helps them synthesize, evaluate and apply the learnt concepts well on time.
- 24x7 Access to On-Demand Learning
- IMT has 3 decades of experience in the field of management education
- The curriculum is of global standards and benchmarked with global institutions.
MBA Specializations offered by IMT-CDL
IMT CDL Offers the following 5 specializations with their distance education MBA (PGDM) programme.
Students can also opt for the dual specialization program. An additional fee need to be paid for the dual specialization.
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Operations Management
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Marketing
Applying for IMT CDL distance education MBA (PGDM) only requires a candidate to be a graduate from any college or university recognized by Association of Indian Universities.
Candidates with work experience are preferred in IMT; However it is not a mandatory eligibility criteria, but the college management prefers aspirants to have a minimum work experience of at least 2 years.
This would act as an added advantage while pursuing the course.
Step-by-step Process to apply in IMT-CDL Ghaziabad for distance education MBA (PGDM)
- Applying in IMT is easy. Candidates can log onto the company’s website where they can have an access to the web-application form.
- Complete the application form with all valid details.
- You can pay the first fee through online or through a demand draft. Fee details are briefed below.
- In order to get a clearance of the course and its scope, students can speak to the admission counsellors of the university or visit the campus.
- Students can buy the prospectus from the college and interact with faculty as well in order to know more about the course and its future scope.
Attach the following documents:
- Marksheet of 10, 10+2 and Graduation mark sheet-1 Photocopy each
- Birth Certificate- 1 Photocopy
- Proof of residence i.e. Passport/Aadhar Card/PAN card/ Electricity or Phone Bill/Driving Licence/ or any Bank account statement if none of the above mentioned are available- One Photocopy of either of the above are required.
- Undertaking for any GAP in education and any dependency like backlogs and result-awaited.
- Two colored passport sized photographs.
IMT Distance MBA Total Fee
4 instalments of INR 31,000 per semester
Available at an additional cost
Scholarships and Discounts
Available to eligible students
Alumni Fee: INR 1000 and Admission Form Fee: INR 1500
The total fee for the IMT Ghaziabad distance education MBA program is INR 1,25,000. The fee can be paid in four installments at the beginning of each semester.
To pay the course fee in installments, students have to pay INR 31,000 per semester. In addition to this students also need to pay INR 1000 as alumni fee along with the 1st semester fee.
Students can also opt for an EMI facility by contacting the admission counselors.
Below are more details about IMT Ghaziabad distance MBA fee structure
- Per semester fee of distance MBA program under IMT-CDL is INR 31,000.
- Alumni fee INR 1000 needs to be paid along with the first semester fee.
- Admission form fee of INR 1500 needs to be paid at the time of buying the admission form.
- An additional examination fee needs to be paid by the students who wants to appear in the exam at an international location. A fee of INR 2500 per exam needs to be paid by such students.
- Students can pay the fees in lump sum as well. Fees can be paid online through debit card/credit card or offline as well via a Demand Draft at 'Institute of Management Technology - Centre for Distance Learning'.
Below are the total fee for all the three distance learning courses offered by IMT Ghaziabad.
|Distance MBA (PGDM)
The IMT distance MBA (PGDM) program is a 2 years program, divided into 4 semesters. It requires completing 84 credits. This includes:
- 4 non-credit foundation courses
- 15 core courses totaling 60 credits
- 5 elective courses totaling 20 credits
- A 4-credit project
In the first 3 semesters, students learn key management concepts. In the last semester, they choose 5 electives to specialize in a particular area of management.
- Basics of Accounting
- Basics of Communication
- Basics of Management
- Basics of Business Statistics
Principle of Economics
Operations and Supply Chain Management
Introduction to Information Systems
Legal & Regulatory Environment of Business
Managing New Ventures
Human Resource Management
Ethics & Corporate Governance
Average Salary Package of PGDM professional:
It is always difficult to pronounce the average salary package that will be offered by any university. But it is essential to know that the placements are always dependent on these factors:
- Graduation Scorecard
- Number of live projects worked on
- Number of internships (Quality)
- Previous work experience
- Communication skills
- Hold on the practical knowledge
If all the above points are in the best interests of the recruiter, chances are a good MBA aspirant can get around 35,000-65,000 INR per month from any decent Multi national company. Even startups these days offer the similar package to MBA grads.